MODEL SC-1 B BARREL GUNLOCK
The Barrel Lock is a simple and flexible variation of the proven SC-1 gunlock that is heavily favored by correctional institutions and the US Border Patrol. The weapon cavity is perfectly sized to grab the barrel of most shotguns and rifles, which makes the SC-1B an exceptionally versatile gunlock. Oftentimes when nothing else seems to work, the barrel lock is there as the final solution.
A solid aluminum block (part no. SC-1201) is secured with a screw inside the weapon cavity. The round gap that remains between the gate and the aluminum block is perfectly sized to grab the barrel of most shotguns and rifles. To devise a simple and reliable setup, you will need a butt plate to hold the butt stock of the weapon. Install the SC-1B gun lock on the barrel right in front of the first obstacle. This will prevent anyone from pulling the gun out of the butt plate.
Remember…when nothing else seems to work, the SC-1B barrel lock is there as the final solution.
Manual Key override option
Gunlock Safety Precautions
NOTE: Santa Cruz Gunlocks, LLC (SCG) gun racks and gunlocks are intended for temporary, secure storage of firearms. They are not substitutes for a permanent storage enclosure and only act as limited theft deterrents. They will not prevent accidental discharge/firing of a chambered round.
To properly and safely use the SCG gun rack and/or gunlock:
- Do not use if your firearm does not fit the SCG gun rack and/or gunlock
- Never leave your firearm unsupervised while using a SCG gun rack and/or gunlock
- Never place a loaded firearm in s SCG gun rack and/or gunlock
- Never chamber a round while using a SCG gun rack and/or gunlock
- It is the responsibility of the user to operate the SCG gun rack and/or gunlock properly and safely