MODEL SC-1 AR LARGE GUNLOCK
By 1990, we were getting daily requests from police departments asking for a larger and more versatile gunlock to secure their patrol rifles and semi-automatic shotguns. Our answer was the SC-1 AR Large Gunlock, which is basically a large pump shotgun lock with an adjustable plate in the bottom of the weapon cavity, which can be moved up, down or in an angle to accommodate a variety of firearms.
We were careful to keep essential components interchangeable with the Model SC-1 pump shotgun lock in order to provide an economical solution to secure a variety of guns. There are other types of manual override keys available for this lock. A 7/32″ allen key is shipped with each lock to move the adjusting plate up and down or in an angle to cater to a tapering fore stock (Colt AR-15, etc.).
This gun lock is suitable for weapon cavity dimensions:
- Horizontal: 2 1/2″
- Vertical Max: 2 5/8″
- Vertical Min: 2″
Check to see if your local Police Department is using a Santa Cruz Gunlock.
Volume Discounts are Available. Departments may request a Testing & Evaluation Sample!
Manual Key override option
Gunlock Safety Precautions
NOTE: Santa Cruz Gunlocks, LLC (SCG) gun racks and gunlocks are intended for temporary, secure storage of firearms. They are not substitutes for a permanent storage enclosure and only act as limited theft deterrents. They will not prevent accidental discharge/firing of a chambered round.
To properly and safely use the SCG gun rack and/or gunlock:
- Do not use if your firearm does not fit the SCG gun rack and/or gunlock
- Never leave your firearm unsupervised while using a SCG gun rack and/or gunlock
- Never place a loaded firearm in s SCG gun rack and/or gunlock
- Never chamber a round while using a SCG gun rack and/or gunlock
- It is the responsibility of the user to operate the SCG gun rack and/or gunlock properly and safely